You close your eyes and take a bite. Rich, velvety chocolate melts on your tongue as a lusciously soft cookie slowly disappears into a world of deliciousness.
All of a sudden, a multitude of flavors and feelings over come your mouth! Salty? Sweet? Crunchy? Soft?
You swallow. You’re addicted to everything about this cookie. So you take another bite.
My sister, Mom, and I were determined to bake something utterly delicious on Sunday, and decided on Lizzy T’s Potato Chip (chocolate chip) cookie recipe.
Potato chips? Cookies? Chocolate? Together?
Yum… yes please.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups potato chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
3. Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar
4. Mix in the eggs, flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla until combined.
5. Add potato chips and chocolate chips to batter
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
7. Roll into balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking pan (make sure it has been sprayed or is lined with parchment paper!)
8. Bake for about 11 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges
Dough cannot be frozen (or potato chips turn soggy) but cookies can be!
Thank you Tastes of Lizzy T for a wonderfuly delicious recipe! If you haven’t checked out her blog… you should!